The goal of this session is to get you started with Android Mobile Development and build your first mobile application. We are going to cover the following :
1. Introduction to Android and Android Studio
2. Introduction to the basic building blocks of Android : Activities, Views, Layouts, Toasts and Intents.
3. Making our Android Views listen to us and act accordingly. Wait, In Android all views can listen to us? Absolutely!
4. Creating some super cool UI and playing around with gradients in Android!
5. Where do we head next ?
During this workshop, I would also be walking you through some of the best practices that one should be following for Android development. You would learn to code comfortably in xml and manage event handling in Java.
- You may/ may not be knowing Java
- Beginner understanding of html helps !